Horizon IP Scan: it helps SMEs to efficiently manage and valorise IP in collaborative research and innovation efforts.
Horizon IP Scan team organises monthly info sessions that are intended to give all interested parties an insight into the background of this innovation support initiative.
Register and join the next Horizon IP Scan info session on 14 December 2022, at 16:00 CET.
The recordings of the previous sessions are also available on the Horizon IP Scan website.
INNOSUP-funded Horizon IP Scan is a tailored, free-of-charge, first-line IP support service provided by the European Commission specifically designed to help European start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) involved in EU-funded collaborative research projects.
Since its start, the service received 250 applications and the main motivation of European SMEs to apply for the service is to learn from best practices to protect and manage the intellectual assets brought into the collaborative R&I project as well as to develop joint IP protection and exploitation strategies with consortium partners.
In particular, SMEs involved in collaborative Horizon projects highlighted the importance to overcome the following IP management challenges:
- Strategic approach to define background knowledge (IP) brought into the R&I cooperation
- Defining opportunities and risks of sharing knowledge with consortium partners
- Possibilities to protect IP generated in the collaborative project
- Joint ownership and the definition of relative contributions of joint-owners
- Agreements on the use of IP rights resulting from the project
- Defining (joint) exploitation strategies and pathways
SMEs interested in the Horizon IP Scan can apply for the service any time via submitting the service request form on the Horizon IP Scan website.
You can also take a look at the Guide for Applicants for more detailed information and further insights into the actual provision of the service.
For further information get in touch with the team by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- intellectual property