- Publication date
- 01 September 2021
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- Single Market Programme, including COSME, ISA2, ESP, consumer involvement in fin. Services, financial reporting, Health, Food and Feed, consumer programme
DEADLINE EXTENDED until 14 November 2021, 17:00 CET
The call objectives are:
Objective 1 - Keep non-compliant products from the single market
Products which are non-compliant with Union harmonisation legislation keep finding their way on the Single Market. Market surveillance authorities sometimes lack the resources to finance product testing and other activities to promote compliance. The first objective of this call is to support authorities of the Member States of the Union in their market surveillance activities related to product testing aimed at assessing product compliance with respect to EU harmonised legislation.
The products concerned by this objective fall within the scope of one or more of the legal instruments set out in Annex I of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020.
Objective 2 - Support the implementation of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020
Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 on market surveillance and compliance of products will apply from 16 July 2021. However, Articles 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 and 36 apply from 1 January 2021.
The second objective of this call is to support horizontal actions aimed at contributing to an efficient implementation of Regulation 2019/1020.
Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants:
- Non-profit organisations (private or public);
- Public authorities (national, regional, local).
Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
- EU member states;
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries, which are members of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Countries associated to the Single Market Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries) or countries currently negotiating association agreements — applicants from countries with ongoing negotiations (see above) may participate in the call and can sign grants if the negotiations are concluded before grant signature (with retroactive effect, if provided in the agreement).
In order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a consortium composed of legal entities from minimum 3 Member States.
By way of exception, an application may be submitted by a sole applicant, whether established specifically or not for the action, provided that:
- it is formed of several legal entities (minimum 3 legal entities) complying with the admissibility, eligibility, non-exclusion and selection criteria set out in this call for proposals, and implementing together the proposed action; and
- the application identifies the said entities.
All applicants must register in the Portal Participant Register. The Participant Register is the Commission online tool to register and manage the data of the organisations participating in the EU programmes. It allows consistent handling of the participants` official data and avoids multiple requests to enter the same information.
If you want to participate in a project proposal, your organisation needs to be registered and have a 9-digit Participant Identification Code (PIC). This unique identifier of your organisation will be used as a reference by the Commission in any interactions.
Budget and project duration
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at EUR 4.000.000.
The Commission will fund 90% of the total eligible costs, with a maximum of EUR 400.000 for a product testing project and EUR 100.000 for a horizontal action.
The expected duration of projects is 24 months.
How to apply
Applicants must comply with the requirements set out in the full text of the call for proposals (below) and submit their full application via the following email address: EISMEA-MSJA-NON-FOOD-PRODUCTSemail@example.com.
To be considered as complete, the full application must include: Application Forms A & B, detailed budget table, Co-financing statement form and Declaration on honour – all forms are available under the section “Documents” of this page.
Please note that the new deadline for submission is 14 November 2021, 17.00.00 (CET).
More information and FAQs
Questions on this call for proposals can be submitted by email to: EISMEA-MSJA-NON-FOOD-PRODUCTSfirstname.lastname@example.org until 03/11/2021.
Info session - presentation
We held an info session about the call on 21 September 2021. The focus of the session was the introduction and explanation of the novelties in the application and submission processes and the new organisational structure.
If you could not attend, you can download the presentation that was developed for the event below: