European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) will take place between 26 and 30 September in Brussels and online. In the light of the theme ‘Going green and digital for Europe’s energy transition’ the event consists of four pillars:
- the Policy Conference with leading figures and a full packed programme of sessions and debates on building a secure energy for future generations in Europe. It will be organised in a hybrid format on 26-29 September 2022. The call to organise a session is open until 31 March.
- the EUSEW Awards, recognising and celebrating Europe’s outstanding individuals and projects in sustainable energy and renewables in four categories: Innovation, Local Energy Action, Woman in Energy and Young Energy Trailblazer. The call to run for the competition is open until 14 April – only EU-funded projects can apply.
- the Networking Village with onsite and online stands and activities: a series of TED-like talks and 1 on 1 meetings. The calls to have a stand and organise a TED-like talk is open from 3 May to 2 June.
- Sustainable Energy Days are activities and events organised by local public and private organisations around the world to promote clean energy and energy efficiency. These programmes will take place across Europe from June to September. The call to register an event is open from 26 April to 16 September 2022.
In line with the European Commission proposal to make 2022 the European Year of Youth, the event will also hold the third European Youth Energy Day which will gather 18-34-year-olds to share their ideas on how to transform Europe into the first climate-neutral continent.
The European Sustainable Energy Week is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. The event brings together public authorities, private companies, projects, NGOs and consumers to promote initiatives to save energy and move towards renewables for clean, secure and efficient energies.
Apply now for a slot in the Policy Conference and/or EUSEW Awards and stay tuned for the two other upcoming calls.
- Publication date
- 25 March 2022
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency