The Horizon 2020-INNOSUP-01 funded project S3FOOD, received the award of European Cluster Partnership of the Year at the European Cluster Conference in Prague, on 26 September. The award aims to enhance the achievements of cluster partnerships and their role as agents of positive change in their industrial ecosystem.
This prestigious recognition marked the end of the S3FOOD project which had celebrated the completion of its 58 funded projects with a final event in Brussels, on 7 September 2022, gathering European Union representatives from industry and academia.
With its innovation voucher scheme the EU-funded S3FOOD project supported the realisation of high-Technology Readiness Levels (TRL), large scale, demonstration and commercialisation projects across Europe. In the frame of two funding rounds of the project, the partners of the consortium received and evaluated more than 300 applications. The connected SMEs worked onthe integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and related technologies via the implementation of smart sensor systems in the food production processes. The objective is to improve quality control, resource efficiency and the follow-up of food safety in the food production process.
At the final event, nine of the successful SMEs presented their results, which they carried out with S3FOOD funding:
- BioCoS and the DNAblockchain project
- Triple Alpha and the SAFETRACK project
- Mariën Meesterbakkers and the MoCo4FFP Robobaker project
- ENERGIGANTE and the RMS + SMILE project
- La Confiance and the BBISQUIT project
- SC Robotics and the Libatio project
- Zymoscope and the Data-driven fermentation management project
- GoodMills and the FEB project
- CIED and NG Sensors and the Lab-to-Sample project
For further information, visit S3FOOD’s website.
Learn more about INNOSUP-1 action and the funding opportunities of the Horizon Europe - European Innovation Ecosystems today!
- Publication date
- 29 September 2022
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency