- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 11 May 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other SMP Participating Countries, while giving experienced entrepreneurs access to innovative ideas and new partners and/or markets.
The general objective of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme is to enhance entrepreneurship, develop the international outlook and competitiveness of European SMEs and foster potential start-up entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in the Participating Countries.
The purposeof this call for proposals is to select Intermediary Organisations (IOs) to implement the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme at local level. They will, in particular, be responsible for recruiting and matching Ukrainian new entrepreneurs with host entrepreneurs and assist them to benefit from the programme. The call is not targeted directly at entrepreneurs willing to participate in an EYE exchange. Interested entrepreneurs must contact the selected IOs implementing the programme.
The IOs will help new entrepreneurs with Ukrainian citizenship – either inside or outside Ukraine - enrich their experience, deepen their knowledge, and expand their network and market reach by spending time with experienced entrepreneurs in other countries participating in the Single Market Programme of the EU. At the same time, the IOs will also help European experienced entrepreneurs find a suitable Ukrainian new entrepreneur to engage in an exchange to get fresh ideas, innovative skills and access to new partnering opportunities.
Applicants under this call are requested to thoroughly consult the rules for participation as stipulated in the Implementation Manual for Intermediary Organisations (Quality Manual).
The specific objectives are:
- To provide on-the-job-training for Ukrainian new entrepreneurs with established host entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises abroad in the SMP Participating Countries in order to facilitate a successful start-up, and development of their business ideas;
- To foster sharing of experience and information between Ukrainian and other European entrepreneurs on the obstacles and challenges of starting up and developing their businesses;
- To enhance market access and identification of potential partners for Ukrainian new entrepreneurs in other EU and SMP Participating Countries;
- To support networking between Ukrainian and other European entrepreneurs from different SMP Participating Countries by building on knowledge and experience;
- To contribute to the EU’s support to Ukrainian entrepreneurs and facilitate the continuation of business in Ukraine and the reconstruction phase of the country after Russia’s military aggression.
The Intermediary Organisations (IOs) will act as Local Contact Points for the implementation of the programme. They will be required to cooperate with all other organisations and authorities involved in the exchange programme (currently about 170), enabling new and host entrepreneurs to take part in the planned exchange. They will receive support from the Support Office (SO) of the programme, which helps with the coordination and management of the programme across participating countries.
Target audience: organisations whose core activities is the support of small businesses and entrepreneurs and who deliver business support services to start-ups or young entrepreneurs.
Available budget: €3 million.
The call is part of the “#ReadyForEU” package of measures which also includes the Business Bridge call for proposals. This call aims at aims at supporting Ukrainian companies to integrate into the Single Market.
Information tailored to this call for proposals has been held on 27 March 2023, at 14:00-16:30 CET. Presentations of the sessions and recordings are available here below.
Please find below additional documents. You need to include the Annex 5 in your submission set. As additional information, the document below lists all Intermediary Organisations (IOs) that ever participated in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme. This resource can help you find partners and count their years of experience in the programme: